What Is It?
Company Structure is a functionality that allows you to organize jobs within your OutMatch account in a way that mirrors the needs of your organization.
By leveraging structure you're able to:
- Keep jobs organized easily
- Support the same job in multiple locations
- Create more precise reporting within your account
- Control Hiring Representative access rights
Think of structure as an org chat that makes it easy to keep everything organized within your account.
Through structure you can create a maximum four level hierarchy that will let you organize jobs, candidates, and users within your account.
Everything must be associated with Company Structure.
Whenever a job is created it MUST be associated with a part of Company Structure. This happens as part of the job creation process by clicking on where you want the job to reside within structure (screenshot below). Jobs can also be moved within structure after they are created. Please review Managing Jobs to learn more about job management.
For jobs, structure serves two purposes:
- It allows you to use the same job at multiple locations within your organization, allowing you to more specifically organize your candidates.
- You will have more accurate data on the candidates within your account giving you another variable to use for parsing out your account data.
Users and Access Rights
Company Structure is how you control user rights within the OutMatch platform. This is why all Hiring Representatives must be attached to Company Structure. Similar to jobs, Hiring Representatives must be attached when they are created but can be moved within structure at a later time.
Hiring Representatives are attached to specific levels/locations within structure, not to any particular job. Hiring Representatives have access to all of the jobs within their assigned level/location of structure and all levels/ locations below it.
- In this example of structure, if a Hiring Representative is attached to level 1 they will have access to all jobs within level 1 and all jobs within the lower levels that feed into that first level.
- If a Hiring Representative is attached to level 3 they'll only see the jobs in level 3. They won't see any of the jobs in the levels above them.
Creating Company Structure
Company Structure can only be created and edited by an OutMatch Administrator. Please consult with OutMatch Support if you have questions and/or want to make any changes to your company structure.
Be aware - If you want to delete a level/location of structure, all levels/locations below it must be removed and none can have ANY candidate data.
Although you won't be able to directly edit your Company Structure, there are a few best practices you should follow when using it and coordinating with OutMatch Support.
- Keep it simple. Keep it clean - Company Structure is designed to help keep your account organized and clean. The more complicated your Company Structure is, the more difficult it will be to make edits/changes to users and jobs.
- Always consider user access - When creating your Company Structure consider how you want to organize your users (and jobs). Specifically think about who should be able to view/access specific jobs.
- Double check. Double check. Everything in your account is affected by Company Structure. When making any changes be thoughtful of how those changes will effect your account and what you'll need to do if you wish to reverse course on a change.
Still Need Help?
If you still have questions about your account, please contact OutMatch Support at email@example.com. Please include:
- Your first name and last name
- And a detailed description of your question
Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Central Time. We try to respond to all requests the same day if the request is received by 3 PM Central Time.