Step 3: Create a Job and Job Profile
This feature is only available to Hiring Administrators. If you are a Hiring Representative, please skip this article and proceed directly to Sending Invitations.
To begin using the OutMatch Talent Dashboard, a Hiring Administrator must first create a job. A job is created from a job profile.
So, what's a job profile? And what's a job?
Job profiles are surveys with a set of configurations that are used to create jobs. Multiple jobs can be created using a single job profile, which allows you to measure similar roles with the same assessment, but assign a different job name. The OutMatch Job Library provides over 900 common job titles and associated scoring profiles available to facilitate the quick setup of jobs for your organization.
First Time Creating a Job
Start by navigating to the Jobs section on the navigation bar. If this is the first job created for your organization, select GET STARTED!
Next, select CREATE A NEW JOB PROFILE.
This will bring you to the OutMatch Job Library, an alphabetical list of over 900 job titles with our industry best practice profiles. Use the filtering options and search feature to narrow down to the job most closely aligned with your organization's roles.
- Narrow down the type of job by un-checking the job level options that are not needed - Hourly, Individual Contributor, Manager, Executive.
- Filter by Industry and/or Job Function. Remember to click APPLY to save your selection(s).
- Select the alpha letter to see a list of job titles that begin with a specific letter.
- Search by all or part of a job title.
Locate a job title and description similar to the job for which you intend to assess. While the exact job title may not be present, look for job and descriptions with similar functional responsibilities. Once you find the job title that best fits your role, click SELECT & CONFIGURE.
Configuring the Job Profile
To configure and optimize your new job profile, add a name and description and select the measures you want to include in the assessment. You can also opt to include or exclude images in the assessment experience.
Keep in mind that each optional abilities measure (such as Abstract, Numerical, or Logical Reasoning) adds approximately 5-15 minutes to the assessment experience, so we recommend only including those which are job-relevant for each particular role.
While the job profile name and description can be edited later, the selected measures cannot be changed to ensure consistency with assessment experience and scoring. To learn more about creating Job Profiles, consult the Best Practices - Creating Job Profiles article.
PRO TIP: Include the OutMatch Job Library job title and any included measures in your job profile description to easily reference the job profile configurations.
When the job profile is completed, click ADD JOB TO THIS PROFILE.
Adding a Job
Time to finalize your job! This is what you will see listed in the Jobs screen. Have more than one job that should use the same job profile? No worries! After creating your first job, you will be able to select from a list of existing job profiles when you add a new job next time.
- Name your job and add a description. The job name may appear on the assessment invitation email, and will be visible on the assessment report. The description will only be visible to Talent Dashboard users on the Jobs screen.
- If applicable, select the structure level at which you want the job to be accessible. Remember, the job will be accessible at the selected level and all child levels below.
- Set your Assessment Completion Notification preference - On or Off. A fallback email address is required when enabling completion notifications. The fallback email address will only be notified when a specific user did not directly invite the individual to take an assessment, i.e. when the individual initiated the assessment using a self-registration link. Otherwise, the user who originally invited the individual will be notified when the assessment is completed.
- Click SAVE. The job is now available for general use by Hiring Administrators and Hiring Representatives in the locations selected.
After The First Job Has Been Created
Once you have created one or more jobs for your organization, those jobs will appear on your Jobs screen. To add a new job, simply click the ADD JOB link located above your list of current jobs. You will then have the option to create a job from an existing job profile or from a new job profile.
Hiring Administrators also have the ability to edit interview questions, view competency details and definitions, and add your own development resources from the Job Profile settings. More details about the creation and configuration of job profiles and jobs can be found within the OutMatch Support Library.
Click here to learn how to invite individuals to complete an assessment.