Find answers to our most commonly asked Assess Personality questions!
- What is Assess?
- What types of reports are available from Assess Personality? What are the differences?
- Are ability surveys available in Assess?
- What are units?
- How do I access my Assess user site?
- Can I add, edit, and delete users?
- Can I delete candidate records?
- How do I access results?
- What scoring models do I have access to?
- Can I process summary reports from my account?
- Can I view sample reports? How do I know which competencies are in a model?
- Can the report be shared with the candidate?
- Do my reports have a recommendation or a final score?
- What do the special notes mean?
- Can the assessment invitation be sent to multiple people at once?
- Is the survey login information unique for each candidate?
- How do candidates resume an unfinished survey?
What is Assess?
Assess is a web-based, expert driven system that produces competency based, work-related assessments for clients who are looking to select, promote, place or develop individuals in professional level positions. These tests measure many characteristics related to effective performance such as personality, behavioral skills and cognitive aptitude.
What types of reports are available from Assess Personality? What are the differences?
The Hiring Manager Report is a quick overview of a candidate’s strengths and weaknesses. It includes both a standard interview guide and interview probes based on the participant responses. It is a summary version of the Selection Report.
The Selection Report is a detailed evaluation of a candidate’s assets and liabilities to help determine job fit and performance potential. It includes the standard interview guide and interview probes (similar to the Hiring Manager report), but it also includes management suggestions.
The Development Report is written to the individual in a developmental tone and provides constructive, objective feedback. It includes resources to help with personal development.
Are ability surveys available in Assess?
Yes, we offer abilities tests that measure areas such as cognitive, logical, numerical or abstract reasoning. We also have industry specific skills tests.
What are units?
Units are simply a way to indicate the value of each report. Units are required to process reports unless you are a licensed client.
You can view your unit balance at the top right corner on the home screen. This number indicates how many units are available to process reports in your account. To order more units, please contact Client Services.
How do I access my Assess user site?
The web address for the Assess user site is http://www.bigby.com/systems/assessv2/system/login.asp. This is where you will enter your unique user ID and password. How do I Invite candidates to take the personality survey?
There are three main ways to invite a candidate to take the Assess survey:
- Invite a candidate directly from your user site by ‘adding’ the candidate to the dashboard and then clicking on the computer icon to send instructions.
- Send an email from the survey administration page by navigating to that page within your user site and following the instructions to invite candidates directly.
- Send directly from your personal email by copying and pasting the candidate login information into your own email template.
Can I add, edit, and delete users?
Admin users have the ability to add, edit, or delete users. Go to the top menu and click ‘users’ to access the user lists. Note: You cannot change the user ID for anyone already in the system.
CAUTION: Once a user is deleted, the user ID cannot be restored.
Can I delete candidate records?
Yes, but we do not recommend deleting real candidate data. Best practice would be to archive old survey information but never delete it from the user site.
How do I access results?
Once the individual has finished the survey, you will receive an email letting you know the survey was completed. Results will be immediately available on your user site under the reports column. Click on ‘View Reports’ to access a report.
What scoring models do I have access to?
In general, all clients have access to standard models.
Standard models include: Individual Contributor, Supervisor, Manager, Sales Professional, Multi-Unit Manager and Executive level roles.
Restaurant standard models include: Manager, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager and Restaurant Multi-Unit Manager.
For some clients, custom models may be available. Please contact Client Services if you are unclear what models are available to you.
Can I process summary reports from my account?
Yes, there are several reports which summarize information within your account that are available from the user site. To access the reports, click on the menu tab ‘Summaries’. You will see a list of report options. There is no cost to process summary reports.
There are also reports available that provide summary information on group characteristics, but you must have been provided access when your account was initially set up. For more information, please contact Client Services.
Can I view sample reports? How do I know which competencies are in a model?
Yes, you can access sample reports through your user site. You will be able to see the list of competencies associated with a model in the sample report. Search ‘Suzanne Example’ on your dashboard to view sample reports.
Can the report be shared with the candidate?
The Hiring Manager report and Selection report are for internal use only. These should never be shared. Whether or not a development report is shared is at the manager’s discretion. Typically, we recommend these be used for on-boarding, development, or succession planning purposes. Best practice would be to provide an employee his or her development report, walk him or her through the results at the same time and offer a coaching session. We would not recommend providing anyone a development report without a debrief.
Do my reports have a recommendation or a final score?
With the exception of standard restaurant models or custom surveys, Assess personality reports do not provide an overall recommendation. Please reach out to Client Services if you would like more information about including one on a report.
What do the special notes mean?
On the Assess personality report, there are two special flags that might appear: ‘positive response’ factor and ‘candid response’ factor.
Candid Response Pattern will appear if the individual answers questions in an extremely candid or self-critical manner. It suggests:
- The individual was either very serious in his or her desire to use the testing process for development purposes
- He or she was more willing to admit weaknesses or limitations compared to most people
- Or, the individual lacks confidence in abilities or tends to be self-critical
A Positive Response Pattern note will appear if the individual presented him or herself in a very positive manner. It suggests:
- He or she has a very positive view of life in general
- The individual might have tried to present him or herself in a positive manner
- He or she does not have much self-insight and sees few personal weaknesses
- Or, the individual was possibly anxious or defensive taking the assessment
Can the assessment invitation be sent to multiple people at once?
Yes. Copy and paste the candidate login information to a personal email and BCC all the individuals you would like to invite.
Is the survey login information unique for each candidate?
The personality survey is the same for all positions so the information they need to access the survey site will be the same. This includes the URL, short account name and user ID. A candidate code will be different for everyone but this is usually assigned after someone starts a survey.
How do candidates resume an unfinished survey?
Candidates must use their unique candidate code to resume a survey. If the candidate was added to the dashboard and invited from the survey administration page, the survey request will include a candidate code they can use to resume the survey. An administrator can also look up a candidate code by searching the candidate in the dashboard. Additionally, upon starting the survey, all survey takers receive their candidate code.